Saturday, August 06, 2011

Great White


A little something for the close of Shark Week. I'm fascinated by sharks and have the utmost respect for them, but the thought of seeing a Great White emerge from the hazy water towards me has always been a thing of nightmares.

This started as a shaded pencil drawing which was then coloured and blended in Photoshop. Here's a link to the pencil sketch.

(...and no, it's not Bruce from Finding Nemo, although when caricaturing a Great White those comparisons are inevitable)

9 Comments:

Blogger Anders said...

awesome piece! what a smile! ^^

12:58 AM  
Blogger Faboun'e said...

Amazing one.. again ... Wow !!!

4:14 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

So cool man, I love, love, love it!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks fellas!

Jason- I thought you'd like this. Your shark sketches inspired me.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Julio said...

I love this! Especially the pencil sketch! Awesome work!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Faboun'e said...

Ok I'm back on that Picture... I put it on my Mac Wallpaper...So Nice !

7:43 AM  
Anonymous black said...

It was so nice, You hand skill was amazing. plus the technical knowhow. ive been using photoshop so i know how much time i would take to make an awesome artwork.

12:30 PM  
Blogger LDahl said...

Super fantastic!!!

2:48 AM  
Blogger MONROY said...

Great!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners