Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Everyday I'm Shufflin'


Ah, good ol' zombies. To me, drawing zombies is the culinary equivalent of eating 'comfort food'- a nostalgic, sentimental and relaxing experience. They're always fun to draw, no rules and no limits. Good times with the undead...

Anyway, this was done for a challenge over at the OzComics group on Facebook, I didn't complete it in time due to paid work, but I can never leave a zombie piece unfinished. I originally intended to blend the pencilwork and colours together to get a more painterly finish, but I found it lost the energy and grittiness that was in the pencils, so I just left it as is.

(The title of this post is reference to a song by LMFAO called 'Party Rock Anthem'. It has a great music video with a zombie '28 Days Later' vibe.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Gee Hale said...

Definitely a winner piece! Would look awesome as a poster! :)

3:21 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Awesome piece Chris! Man, you can do anything . . . fun to see all these different styles and all from one guy!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks guys!

3:20 PM  
Anonymous jon siva said...

haha love this zombie pic.
You have great diversity of style, awesome page!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners