Monday, August 14, 2006

Boxhead

A caricature of fellow caricaturist Thor. The original idea I had for this was to photograpgh the pencil drawing (which was drawn edge to edge on a sheet of A4 paper), with some hair and goatee props overlayed onto the drawing, with the idea that the edge of the paper represented the outline of his head. Make sense? Anyway I decided (after not being to find any suitable hair props, and ruling out shaving the dogs), to just colour it as is. The boxhead outline idea is still sort of there, but it looks more like how another fellow artist descibed it, as if he had 'smushed his face on the scanner'.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Townsend (JERT) said...

i want to see it with the hair props, that is a wicked funny idea. the drawing is funny anyway, but the original idea is hilarious.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Chad H. said...

Very cool. I come to your site all the time. I think this is the first time I'm commenting.
I also like trying to capture someone's likeness in a bizarre shape. Not that I'm very good at it yet, but I will be.

11:05 AM  
Blogger heri said...

i recognize him right away, the box head idea fits with his box shape head. oh man chris, your and your killer ideas!

-heri

5:37 PM  
Blogger Leopolddo said...

Here is the monster from the Hell... hehehehe Thanks by the caricature Chris you done a great stuff! In my computer there are a folder with your name.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

jert- Thanks. You've encouraged me to try and complete my original vision. I'll post the results.

Thanks all!

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners